Providing clarity on diagnosis and tailored recommendations.
Below is Intuition Wellness Center’s list of continuing education workshops, parenting classes, wellness classes, and holiday closures. If you have any questions about any of our events or closures, please feel free to give us a call at 520-333-3320.
Click here if you would like to tour our center.
Taekwondo Wellness Children’s (ages 7-12) Class
February 20, 2018 @ 4:15 pm - 5:15 pm
Taekwondo Wellness Children’s (ages 7-12) class are for kids with or without mental and behavioral health needs.
What sets Taekwondo Wellness apart from your typical Taekwondo school? We incorporate three distinct services into our classes that are aimed at helping youth, adults and their families improve their mental health and family and peer dynamics.
- The first key component is psycho-education, which is teaching psychological hygiene, coping skills, and social skills.
- The second key component is parent coaching which offers modeling and guidance to support families, improving their communication and interactions with their kids and others.
- Mindfulness meditation is the third key component, which is incorporated into each session to take advantage of its many benefits such as improved attention span, pain relief, improved self esteem, and decrease in anxiety and depression to name a few.
Training usually consists of rigorous physical exercises and cultivation of the mind through the teaching and practice of Taekwondo philosophy and core principles: Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance, Self Control, and Indomitable Spirit. Participants will learn how to punch, kick, and block as well as self-defense, poomsae, and Olympic style Taekwondo sparring.
Please complete the following forms and simply bring them in during your first class. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 520-333-3320.
- $150 per month for unlimited Taekwondo Wellness classes.
- $20 per 60 minute Taekwondo Wellness class.
- $150 per 60 minute individual Taekwondo Wellness therapy sessions.
- Individual therapy sessions may be billable to insurance and require an clinical intake and ongoing treatment planning.