Providing clarity on diagnosis and tailored recommendations.
Taekwondo Wellness Overview:
- Taekwondo Wellness Classes for kids (7-12) and youth & adults (12 and up) with mental and behavioral health needs. Depression, anxiety, shyness, and anger are just some of the typical challenges that our participants are working to overcome.
- Individual/Private Therapy Sessions for those youth or adults seeking one-on-one attention to achieve their social or emotional goals.
Both programs provide instruction in traditional Taekwondo with a focus on mind-body connection, achieving a healthy balance in life, physical fitness, and relaxation through meditation. Taekwondo Wellness is not just an extracurricular activity or sport, but a wellness and exercise class with the goal of improving mental, physical, social, and emotional health as well as improving your quality of life.
- $150 per month for unlimited Taekwondo Wellness group classes.
- $20 per 60 minute Taekwondo Wellness group class.
- $150 per 60 minute individual Taekwondo Wellness therapy sessions.
- Individual therapy sessions may be billable to insurance and require an clinical intake and ongoing treatment planning.
- Download Kids TKD Flyer or Teen/Adult TKD Flyer.
What sets Taekwondo Wellness apart from your typical Taekwondo school? We incorporate three distinct services into our classes that are aimed at helping youth, adults and their families improve their mental health and family and peer dynamics.
- The first key component is psycho-education, which is teaching psychological hygiene, coping skills, and social skills.
- The second key component is parent coaching which offers modeling and guidance to support families, improving their communication and interactions with their kids and others.
- Mindfulness meditation is the third key component, which is incorporated into each session to take advantage of its many benefits such as improved attention span, pain relief, improved self esteem, and decrease in anxiety and depression to name a few.
Training usually consists of rigorous physical exercises and cultivation of the mind through the teaching and practice of Taekwondo philosophy and core principles: Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance, Self Control, and Indomitable Spirit. Participants will learn how to punch, kick, and block as well as self-defense, poomsae, and Olympic style Taekwondo sparring.
Taekwondo Wellness Core Curriculum
Taekwondo Philosophy: Students will learn about the core Taekwondo principles and how yin jang concepts of Taoism can be applied to our daily lives to reach a state of harmony.
Poomsae: Students will learn and practice a set pattern of defensive and offensive techniques as a means of improving power, speed, and balance while striving for self refinement.
One Step & Self Defense: Students will learn to apply Taekwondo blocking and striking techniques to real-life situations building self-esteem and sense of security.
Olympic Style Sparring: Intermediate rank students will learn sparring rules, skills, and strategies of Taekwondo sparring while developing good sportsmanship, coordination, balance, self control, and self-reliance.
Board Breaking: Students will learn to focus their minds, overcome fear to achieve feats of strength, and build confidence.
Physical Fitness: Through rigorous exercises using interval training, students will see improvements in their endurance and strength as well as managing their weight.
Flexibility Training: Students will practice stretching regularly for improved range of motion not only for higher kicks but for its physical and stress-relieving benefits as well.
Psycho-education & Mental Training: Students will learn about self talk, goal setting, and energy, stress and anger management practiced by olympic champions.
Parent Coaching: Parents observing class will get parenting tips and learn how to manage or redirect unwanted child or adolescent behavior.
Meditation: Students will learn about and practice mindfulness meditation for its physical and psychological benefits, including stress, pain, and mood management.
Body Awareness: Students will develop a heightened awareness of their bodily sensations and the difference between tension and relaxation, as well as, a better understanding of how stress can be stored in the body.
Fun: Last, but not least, students will laugh, smile, and have lots of fun while practicing Taekwondo. Humor has been shown to have physical benefits such as boosting our immune systems and energy and diminishing pain, in addition to improving mood and relieving stress.
Taekwondo Wellness Documents
- Taekwondo Wellness Agreement (Required)
- Taekwondo Wellness Registration Form (Required)
- Taekwondo Test Requirements (Informational Only)
- Taekwondo Wellness Brochure (Informational Only)
Taekwondo Recommended Gear
A Word about Affiliates
The Taekwondo recommended gear above contain affiliate links to products. If you click through and purchase, Intuition Wellness Center will receive a small commission on the sale from Amazon. Rest assured, we only recommend products or services that our team members personally use or believe will be helpful.