- This event has passed.
Virtual-Ethics of Working with Children & Families: Unprofessional conduct defined (3CE)
September 18, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:15 pm$35.00 – $75.00
LIVE – INTERACTIVE – VIRTUAL
Intuition Wellness Center | 5675 N. Oracle Rd., Suite 3101 | Tucson, AZ | 520-333-3320
- 9:00 AM – 12:15 PM: Lecture and Discussion | Yoendry Torres, Psy.D.
- 10:30 AM – 10:45 AM: Break
- 12:15 PM: Complete Evaluations
After attending this intermediate level program in full, participants will be able to:
- Understand where and how to access Arizona Revised Statutes.
- Define “Unprofessional Conduct” as outlined in ARS 32-3251 as it applies to working with children and families.
- Identify ethical standards as they relate to ARS 32-3251 and child and family clinical practice.
- Summarize the Ethical Decision-Making Model that evaluates and mitigates risk of unprofessional conduct and ethical or legal violations.
Description of Program:
Navigating clinical practice ethics can be challenging enough when working with individual adult clients, but it can become an ethical and legal minefield when working with children, teens, and families. This seminar will review the ARS 32-3251 Unprofessional Conduct definition and the ethical standards that relate to it. Most importantly, this seminar will teach and help participants develop risk management practices that they can incorporate into their clinical and business practices that will help participants avoid board complaints.
Yoendry Torres, Psy.D. is a bilingual licensed clinical psychologist. He obtained his doctorate degree in clinical psychology (Psy.D.) with advanced training in family systems from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. As Intuition Wellness Center’s co-founder and clinical psychologist, Dr. Torres provides psychotherapy to children, teens, adults and their families. In addition, Dr. Torres offers individual clinical supervision and group ethics, business and marketing consultation to healthcare professionals in private practice and is the Director of Behavioral Health for Pascua Yaqui Tribe.
- Student Discount Registration (email Student ID to Intuition Wellness): $35
- Early Bird Group Discount Registration (received by September 4, 2020): $50/ticket
- Early Bird Registration (received by September 4, 2020): $65
- Group Discount Registration (received after September 4, 2020): $60/ticket
- General Registration (received after September 4, 2020): $75
Registration closes on Friday, September 18 at 12:00 AM. You are encouraged to register by September 15, 2020 so that we may email you the Zoom link and presentation materials several days in advance of the seminar. Refunds are honored with written notice at least 24-hours before the date of the workshop. Contact Gina Babunovic at 520-333-3320 to negotiate fees, if needed.
Virtual Participation – Zoom link:
Registered participants will be emailed a Zoom link and training materials several days in advance of the seminar.
This workshop is open to all psychologists and mental health professionals interested in learning more about the ethics of working with children and families. This program is intended for those with an intermediate level of knowledge and experience.
This program is available for 3.0 continuing education credits. Participants must attend 100% of the seminar. Upon completion of a program evaluation form, a certificate will be issued. This serves as documentation of attendance for all participants. Intuition Wellness Center, PLLC is committed to accessibility and non-discrimination in continuing education activities and will conduct all activities in conformity with the American Psychological Association’s Ethical Principles for Psychologists. There is no commercial support for this program nor are there any relationships between the CE Sponsor, presenting organization, presenter, program content, research, grants, or other funding that could reasonably be construed as conflicts of interest.
Intuition Wellness Center, PLLC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Intuition Wellness Center, PLLC maintains responsibility for the program and its content.