Intuition Wellness Center is a Tucson-based behavioral health and wellness center providing integrated services to children, families, and young adults up to 25 years old. Our multidisciplinary practice is growing and we are looking for an AZ licensed Psychiatrist to support the growing demand for our services.
We seek a positive individual with high personal integrity who demonstrates that characteristic through adhering to an ethical and high standard of practice that is developmentally-attuned, culturally-sensitive, strength-based, evidence-based, and individualized. This individual must assess, diagnose and treat children compassionately, responsively, and through a cohesive conceptual framework that emphasizes a whole person/mind-body approach. This individual must also support clients and their caregivers in being informed consumers such that psychoeducation and collaboration are cornerstones to their approach.
This individual must be professionally collaborative, self-reflective, and have great curiosity. We seek team members committed to their own continual professional and self-improvement, as well as to the ongoing evolution of our center, and the fields of psychology and psychiatry, including the broader professional community in Southern Arizona.
Intuition Wellness Center seeks an individual supportive of body-based interventions and other complementary services, such that integration of their psychiatric services and those of the center’s wellness practitioners is supported.
Intuition Wellness Center values the wellbeing of it’s team members. We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package including:
• Base Salary + Commission-Based Reimbursement (earning potential is dependent on experience and availability for 1-3 days weekly)
- Paid vacation and holidays,
- Longevity bonus,
- Free APA-approved continuing education sponsored by Intuition Wellness Center,
- Company-sponsored retirement account (SIMPLE IRA) with a 3% match,
- Life insurance policy,
- Annual professional stipend for training or materials,
- Paid team activities, including play dates and service days.
PART-TIME PSYCHIATRIST DUTIES:
• Demonstrates clinical excellence through:
• Providing thorough culturally-sensitive clinical intakes;
• Offering psychiatric services that are feedback-informed and trauma-informed;
• Completing culturally and contextually-sensitive assessments of youth and/or families;
• Completing documentation responsibly;
• Seeking advanced knowledge in specialization areas relevant to pediatrics; • Working collaboratively with team members at Intuition Wellness.
• Demonstrates commitment to the advancement of their field and the local professional community through:
• Providing/supporting supervision and/or mentorship of student trainees;
• Attending and offering in-house didactics and trainings to professionals;
• Offering consultation and collaboration with pediatric and educational organizations.
• Demonstrates dedication to an integrated and integrative approach through:
• Assessing thoroughly and/or providing appropriate referrals for assessment of client
physiological and psychological functioning and making appropriate recommendations;
- Seeking consultation from practitioners of body-based therapies and practices;
- Contributing to expansion of programming through participation in strategic planning,hiring, and community partnering;
- Attending and making significant contributions to team meetings and client consultation;
- Referring, when appropriate, and/or facilitating specialized wellness classes such asyoga, martial arts, child-focused classes and/or parent education or support groups.
Knowledgeable about ethical standards; strong rapport-building abilities with children and caregivers; value-based and practices with integrity; collaborative and team-oriented; knowledgeable about child development; trained in and/or demonstrates desire to learn strength-based, evidence-based and feedback-informed treatments
Degree as an MD, DO with current DEA license and an unrestricted active license to practice independently in the state of Arizona.
In order to be considered for the position, please submit the following by email or mail:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation.
Attention: Dr. Brandy Baker (Executive & Clinical Director) Intuition Wellness Center
5675 N Oracle Rd, Suite 3101 Tucson, AZ 85704 BBaker@intuitionwellness.com
Visit www.IntuitionWellness.com to learn more about Intuition Wellness Center.