Intuition Wellness Center is a Tucson-based integrated health and wellness center serving children, families, and young adults up to 25 years old. While our specialty is in pediatrics, we also believe that “it takes a village” and that’s why we’re also committed to serving parents and caregivers. Services include counseling, pediatric occupational therapy, psychological testing, school consultation, parent support and naturopathic family medicine. By offering coordinated care, our small (but mighty!) multidisciplinary team of health and wellness professionals collaborates to support children and their families in achieving optimal physical and emotional health. We are also a training institution with a university partnership, continuing education program and more in development. The Intuition Wellness model brings together a “village” of professionals to support children and their families from multiple angles.
Our multidisciplinary practice is growing! Now seeking a psychologist with special interest in serving children and supporting training initiatives.
We seek a positive individual with high personal integrity who demonstrates that characteristic through adhering to an ethical and high standard of practice that is developmentally-attuned, culturally-sensitive, strength-based, and individualized. This individual must assess, diagnose and treat children and families compassionately, responsively, and through a conceptual framework that is both cohesive and adaptable to evidence-based treatment.
This individual must be professionally collaborative, self-reflective, and have great curiosity. We seek team members committed to their own continual professional and self-improvement, as well as to elevating the fields of psychology and pediatrics and Intuition Wellness Center’s community.
Intuition Wellness Center seeks an individual who can direct their creativity into tailored approaches and relevant program development. This individual must value a whole-child holistic approach.
Intuition Wellness Center is a family-friendly practice that values the wellbeing of its team members. We offer attractive and flexible benefits packages:
• Paid vacation and holidays,
• Longevity bonus,
• Free continuing education sponsored by Intuition Wellness Center,
• Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance,
• Vision insurance,
• Dental insurance,
• Company-sponsored retirement account (SIMPLE IRA) with a 3% match,
• Life insurance policy,
• Annual professional stipend for training or materials,
• Paid team activities, including play dates and service days.
• Demonstrates clinical excellence through:
• offering individual therapy, family therapy, and/or parent guidance that is feedback- informed and trauma-aware;
- completing culturally and contextually-sensitive assessments and/or psychological testing (pending interest) of children and/or young adults;
- seeking advanced knowledge in specialization areas relevant to pediatrics;
- working collaboratively with team members and community partners;
• providing appropriate referrals and recommendations for client/family optimal health;• Demonstrates commitment to the advancement of the field of psychology and the local professional community through:
• providing/supporting supervision and/or mentorship of graduate trainees;
• attending and offering in-house didactics and trainings to professionals;
• offering consultation and collaboration with pediatric and educational organizations.
• Demonstrates dedication to an integrated and integrative approach through:
• assessing thoroughly and/or providing appropriate referrals for assessment of client
physiological functioning and making appropriate recommendations;
- seeking consultation from practitioners of body-based therapies and practices;
- contributing to expansion of programming through participation in strategic planning,hiring, and community partnering;
- attending and making significant contributions to team meetings and client consultation;
- referring, when appropriate, and/or facilitating specialized classes or groups for thecommunity based on professional specialties.
*This position is primed for growth! Interested in contributing to the future of your profession? Our Training Department will be thrilled! Ask us for more info!
Knowledgeable about APA ethical standards; strong rapport-building abilities with children and parents; value-based and practices with integrity; collaborative and team-oriented; knowledgeable about child development; trained in and/or demonstrates desire to learn strength-based, evidence-based and feedback-informed treatments
Doctoral degree in psychology or related field. Active or in pursuit of license to practice independently in Arizona; Unlicensed post-doctoral fellows will be considered, but it should be noted that this is not considered a temporary placement.
In order to be considered for the position, please submit the following by email or mail:
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Three letters of recommendation.
Attention: Dr. Brandy Baker (Executive & Clinical Director) Intuition Wellness Center
5675 N Oracle Rd, Suite 3101 Tucson, AZ 85704 BBaker@intuitionwellness.com
Visit www.IntuitionWellness.com to learn more about Intuition Wellness Center.