Contemporary Family Lessons from the Ancient Art of Taekwondo
- September 1, 2017
- 0 Comments
- Brandy Baker
- Category: Children Mental Health Parenting Psychology Wellbeing Wellness
What do sports have to do with personal wellbeing and family functioning? A lot, it turns out, if the sport you’re talking about is Taekwondo. In a recent blog series, Master Yoendry Torres, a psychologist, Taekwondo instructor and Executive Director of Intuition Wellness Center discusses how the basic tenets of Taekwondo can be applied to more general well-being.
Here are Master Torres’ blog posts compiled for your convenience:
- 4 Ways Courtesy May Improve Mental Health
- Self Control: 3 Mental Abilities that Improve Performance & Wellbeing
- Integrity: 3 Reasons Accepting our Failures Leads to Excellence
- 5 Tips for Perseverance
- 3 Ways Courage Impacts our Mental Health
Liked what you read? Ready to join Master Torres in the Taekwondo Wellness Program at Intuition Wellness Center? It’s easy!
At Intuition Wellness Center we specialize in integrated behavioral health services and wellness programs for children, young adults and families and supporting other like-minded professionals in doing good work. Call 520-333-3320 for a free phone consultation and to get more information on any one of the many services and programs we offer.
Photo courtesy of creativecommons.org
Written by: Brandy Baker, PsyD